Kangarootime End User License Agreement
This End User License Agreement (“Agreement”) sets forth the legal contract between Kangarootime (“Kangarootime” “we,” “us,” or “our”) and you as an end user of Kangarootime’s services (“You” and “Your”) with respect to access to and use of Kangarootime’s products and services (the “Services”), and any associated materials or documentation or content therein (“Materials”) made available through the Services.
This Agreement is written in the English language. We do not guarantee the accuracy of any translated versions of these Terms. To the extent any translated versions of this Agreement conflict with the English language version, the English language version of this Agreement shall control.
Please carefully read this Agreement before using our Services. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by the Agreement including the Binding Arbitration Clause and Class Action Waiver described in Section XIII. If you do not agree to these terms, then you must not use our Services. If you violate the Agreement, we reserve the right to deny you access to our Services, together with any and all other legal remedies.
The headings used herein are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect this Agreement.
USE OF THE SERVICES AND CONTENT
Subject to and conditioned on Your payment of fees and compliance with this Agreement, Kangarootime grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited right to access and use the Services and Content solely for Your personal or internal use during the subscription term.
We reserve the right to, at any time, temporarily or permanently, modify or discontinue any features associated with the Services with or without notice and for any reason, including performing maintenance, repairs or upgrades. We will endeavor to provide notice before any scheduled upgrades. We (and our licensors) remain the sole owner of all rights, title, and interest in the Services. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining, at your sole expense, all hardware, software, equipment, devices, and services that you require to access and use the Services. We are not responsible for and have no liability with respect to the selection, purchase, maintenance or proper functioning of any such hardware, software, equipment, devices and services.
- Account Access. In order to access and use the Services, you must set up an account with Kangarootime. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your login credentials. You are responsible and liable for all uses of the Services and Content through access thereto provided by You, directly or indirectly. You must notify us immediately if You become aware that Your account is being used without authorization.
- Authorized User Activities. You are responsible for ensuring that users you authorize to use the Services (each, an “Authorized User”) comply with this Agreement. You are responsible for the acts of your Authorized Users and any activity occurring in your Authorized Users’ accounts, as well as any activity in the Services by any user that gains access to the Services due to Your acts or omissions or the acts or omissions of an Authorized User (other than activity that Kangarootime is directly responsible for, which is not performed in accordance with Your instructions).
All Materials available through the Services, including but not limited to design, artwork, hyperlinks, text, videos, calendars, software, images, technical drawings, blog posts, podcasts, audio, images, art, code, configurations, graphics, other files, and their selection and arrangement, is the proprietary property of us, our affiliates, or licensors and is protected by United States and international intellectual property and proprietary rights laws. We reserve any and all rights to the Materials. The Materials may not be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means in whole or in part without our prior written permission except you may download and print Materials for non-commercial uses that are not competitive with or derogatory to us, provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact, do not alter such Materials, and do not further reproduce, publish or distribute such Materials. Please note that this limited consent may be revoked at any time by us and does not include consent to republish Materials on the Internet, or any Intranet or Extranet site, or to incorporate the Materials in any data base or other compilation. Any other use of the Materials is strictly prohibited. You further agree that you will not systematically extract, collect or harvest through electronic means or otherwise, any data or data fields from our Services, including but not limited to customer identities or Information.
All registered and unregistered trademarks visible or accessible through our Services are trademarks of Kangarootime, or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated, or used in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Kangarootime, or its owners. All page headers, customer graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of ours or our affiliates and may not be copied, imitated or used in whole or in part without prior written permission of us.
TERM AND TERMINATION.
- Term. This Agreement commences on the date when You first access the Services and continues in full force and effect until the earlier of (i) You’re no longer using the Services and (ii) termination of this Agreement in accordance with this section.
- In addition to any other remedies available to us, we may terminate your access to the Services with immediate effect if you are in material breach of any obligation in this Agreement. We also reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to the Services where deemed reasonably necessary by us in our sole discretion.
- Effect of Termination. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement for any reason, your access rights granted hereunder shall also terminate, and You shall cease using the Services and Materials.
ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS & TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
Errors, Inaccuracies, & Omissions
Our Services may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to our offerings, promotions, packages, programs, events, and materials. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. We disclaim all liability and responsibility placed on such information by you, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders or programs if any information about our offerings, promotions, packages, programs, events, or materials in the Services or on any related website, are inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order, request, submission, payment, form, etc.).
We do not take on any obligation to update, amend, or clarify information on the Services or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing, dates, availability, location, products, and services, except as required by law.
No specified update or refresh data applied in the Services or on any related website should be taken to indicate that all information in the Services or on any related website has been modified or updated.
Links to the Services
You may not create a link to any page of our Services without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of our Services, you do so at Your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to Your use of our Services by linking to them.
Links in the Services
Our Services might include links to other websites, mobile applications, or social media platforms. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of any other website and do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any other party’s materials or websites or for any other materials, products, or services of other websites. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any other party’s websites or other platforms. Please review carefully other party’s website policies and practices and make sure You understand them before You engage in any transaction. Claims, complaints, questions, or concerns regarding other parties should be directed to that party.
You may use Our Confidential Information only in connection with Your use of the Services as permitted under this Agreement. You will not disclose Our Confidential Information during the subscription term or at any time during the 5-year period following the end of the subscription term. You will take all measures to avoid disclosure, dissemination or unauthorized use of Our Confidential Information that You take to protect Your confidential information of a similar nature, but in no event less than reasonable measures.
You will not issue any press release or make any other public communication with respect to this Agreement or Your use of the Services.
You shall implement and maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards based upon risk assessment for the protection of the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Our Confidential Information, as required by applicable laws. Your security measures must be designed to protect Our Confidential Information from and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or authorized disclosure or access.
“Our Confidential Information” means all nonpublic information disclosed by us that is designated as confidential or that, given the nature of the information or circumstances surrounding its disclosure, reasonably should be understood to be confidential. Our Confidential Information includes: (a) nonpublic information relating to our technology, services, business plans, promotional and marketing activities, finances and other business affairs, and customers and (b) third-party information that we are obligated to keep confidential. Our Confidential Information does not include any information that: (i) is or becomes publicly available without Your breach of this Agreement; (ii) can be shown by documentation to have been known to You at the time of Your receipt from us; (iii) was or becomes available to You on a non-confidential basis from a source other than us, if such source has the right to disseminate such information on a non-confidential basis; or (iv) can be shown by documentation to have been independently developed by You without the use of Our Confidential Information.
- As part of the Services, You may collect and/or provide to us personally identifiable information about parents, guardians, children, and/or Authorized Users (“Personal Data”). You will provide all notices and obtain all express consents (such notices and consents, the “Express Consents”) for disclosure of any Personal Data to us as required under applicable laws in connection with Your use, storage and other processing of any and all Personal Data. Express Consents will be clear and conspicuous and will generally specify the categories of Personal Data that You will receive and how You will use, store and otherwise process it, in addition to any other required disclosures under applicable laws. You will maintain records (which may include technical logs, screenshots, versions of Express Consents obtained) to demonstrate Your compliance with this section and will promptly provide such records to us upon request.
- You will only access Personal Data through the Services in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You will not “screen scrape” data from Kangarootime. You will immediately delete all Personal Data in Your possession if that Data was obtained through unauthorized use of our Services.
- You will comply with all applicable privacy, security, and other laws, and all other laws relating to Personal Data. You will not use, store, disclose, or otherwise process any Personal Data for any purpose not permitted under applicable laws.
You warrant and represent that:
- All information You provide to us as part of Your account registration is true, accurate, current and complete, and You agree to maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete;
- Any and all data supplied by You or otherwise accessed by us through the provision of the Services, including Personal Data, is the sole and exclusive property of You or that You have secured any and all authorizations and rights to use the data as applicable;
- You own or otherwise have and will have the necessary rights and consents in and relating to any information You provide to or make accessible to us (including without limitation Personal Data about children and parents), including by presenting, complying with, and enforcing all appropriate disclosure and notice requirements at the point of collection of information, so that, as accessed, received, and processed by us in accordance with this Agreement, the information does not and will not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any intellectual property rights or any privacy or other rights of any third party or violate any applicable national or state laws;
- To the extent applicable law requires, you will notify Authorized Users and all persons without limitation parents and children whose data you provide to Us via the Services that you are using Kangarootime as a service provider and that Kangarootime may process Personal Data on Your behalf; and
- The Personal Data does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
KANGAROOTIME WARRANTIES; DISCLAIMERS
OUR SERVICES, AND THE INFORMATION ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH OUR SERVICES, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME WE MAY REMOVE THE SERVICES FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME OR CANCEL THEM AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES RELATING TO OUR SERVICES, OR RELATED CONTENT, WHICH IS OR MAY BE PROVIDED BY ANY AFFILIATE OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY.
IN NO CASE SHALL WE, OUR EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, INTERNS, SUPPLIERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS CLAIM, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER, COMPUTER SOFTWARE, SYSTEMS AND PROGRAMS AND THE DATA THEREON, REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE. IN ANY EVENT, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500.00).
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, and except to the extent arising from our gross negligence or intentional misconduct, You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us, and our employees, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees made by any third party due to or arising out of Your breach of this Agreement or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or rights of a third party. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by You, in which event You shall cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses. You shall not settle any actions or claims on our behalf without our prior written consent.
Our Services, including our website are intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18).
We do not target our Services to minors, who are under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable). You agree that You are not under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not intend to collect or process any information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such information. Contact us if You believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a person under the age of thirteen (13).
This Agreement and any separate agreements whereby we provide You access to the Services shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York without reference to any conflict of law rules.
You agree that You will not use the Services in any country or in any manner prohibited by any applicable laws, restrictions or regulations.
ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
You and Kangarootime agree that if there is any dispute or claim arising from or related to our Services and/or this Agreement will be resolved by confidential binding arbitration in Erie County, New York, rather than in court, after first giving Notice of the Dispute (“Notice”) to the other party and the opportunity to discuss resolution within thirty (30) days of such Notice. The Notice to the Company should be sent to: 1 W. Seneca Street, Floor 24, Buffalo, NY 14203. This Notice must include a description of the nature and basis of the claims the party is asserting, and the relief sought
If You and Kangarootime are unable to resolve the claims described in the Notice within thirty (30) days after the Notice is sent, You or the Company may initiate arbitration proceedings. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages) and must follow the provisions of these Terms & Conditions as a court would. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY FORFEITING YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND TO OTHERWISE PROCEED IN A LAWSUIT IN STATE OR FEDERAL COURT.
The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply and the American Arbitration Association (AAA) will administer the arbitration under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules.
The arbitration shall be held in the State of New York or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, You or the Company may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on You and the Company subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at an in-person hearing may be made by telephone by You and the Company, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by applicable law. The arbitrator’s award shall be confidential, final and binding, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, You and the Company agree that if the Company makes any change to this Section (other than a change to any notice address or website link provided herein) in the future, that change shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a proceeding against us prior to the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate this Section, any such termination shall not be effective until thirty (30) days after the version of the Agreement containing this Section is posted to the websites, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a proceeding against us prior to the effective date of termination.
CLASS ACTION WAIVER: YOU AND THE COMPANY AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we each waive any right to a jury trial. We also both agree that You or the Company may bring suit in court to enjoin infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights.
Claims and Disputes Must be Filed Within One Year
To the extent permitted by law, and without limiting the effect of any disclaimer contained herein, any cause of action or claim You may have with respect to Your use of the Services, including, without limitation, any website or mobile application or other Services-related product, services, or other content must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. This section applies to You and Your heirs, successors and assigns.
To the extent that any provision of this Agreement is deemed to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, including the binding arbitration clause and class action waiver, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement. Such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
NO THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES
There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement. We shall have the right to assign our rights or delegate any of its responsibilities under this Agreement to an affiliate or in connection with a merger, consolidation, or reorganization for the sale of substantially all of our assets.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to change, modify, or amend this Agreement at any time to reflect changes in our practices and service offerings. If we modify this Agreement, such changes will be effective upon posting. It is Your obligation to check our current Agreement for any changes. This Agreement may only be modified in writing. Any ambiguities in the interpretation will not be construed against the drafter.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If You have any questions about this Agreement, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Last Update: July 20, 2020